Teylor is a fintech startup based in Zurich, Switzerland. Our goal is to bring SME-Lending into the 21st century by building credit-scoring and credit application software that allows European small businesses to get access to financing more easily. Our core product is the Teylor lending technology which digitizes and automates the entire SME credit cycle. Banks use our technology to automate their processes and we use it for our own lending activities. We work to solve two key problems: First, we help banks to digitize, become more efficient, and cut costs. Second, we help SMEs to get faster access to liquidity. Our goal is to become the leading European lending technology provider over the next years and we are now looking for top-talents to join our team.
If you want to work in a dynamic and well-financed fintech that makes a real difference for small businesses and the financial industry, Teylor may be the right place for you. As we are growing fast, we can offer you attractive growth opportunities. If you want to grow together with us, enhance your skill set, and master real challenges, then we are looking forward to your application.
Your Role at Teylor
We are looking for a product manager with experience in building and managing financial platforms to join our team and help build out our SaaS platform.
In this role you will work closely with our Head of Lending Solutions, CEO, CTO and our development team to expand our lending platform&rsquos feature-set and integrate our software with financial institutions throughout Europe. You will be responsible for designing features requested by our bank customers, translating them into user stories for our development team and ensuring all features meet the business requirements set out by our bank partners.
You will be in close contact with our external partners, ensuring that all requirements are documented, prioritised and developed.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business requirements gathering from bank partners and internal stakeholders.
- Designing features matching business requirements and feature requests.
- Translating requirements into actionable user stories for the development team.
- Working closely with the development team to build and test new features.
- Managing the development and integration of features into our wider platform and the bank's internal systems.
- Communicating with and managing external stakeholders involved in the project.
- Documenting and presenting business requirements and project status updates to the management team.
- Travelling to and meeting with customers once travel restrictions have been lifted.
- University degree from a leading university.
- 5+ years of experience in product / project management or consulting with a strong focus on the financial services sector.
- Proven track record of delivering features from inception to production.
- Ability to effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and precise documentation skills.
- Native German speaker and fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down complex problems for people unfamiliar with the topic.
- Strategic problem solving abilities with the ability to work independently and a can-do-attitude.
- Basic familiarity with the regulatory frameworks surrounding commercial lending and data protection.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in building SaaS platform models and fintechs.
- Basic familiarity with our underlying technologies (AWS, GoLang, Typescript, Node.js) and processes (Scrum).
- Experience in using design tools (Figma, Sketch etc.).
- Experience in workflow tracking and project management tools (Jira).
- Experience in documentation tools (Confluence, Notion).
- Willingness to travel (when the current situation allows for it).
- Experience in pitching to enterprise customers.
- Experience in dealing with remote engineering teams.
The following list are the things that matter to us and that we want to see in the people who join our team, regardless of which position:
- You take responsibility end-to-end and your colleagues can rely on you to show ownership.
- You care about your work and your attitude and how it affects those around you.
- You understand that communication is one of your key responsibilities.
- You make pragmatic decisions that bring the product forward.
- You are open to the ideas and concerns of other departments and stakeholders.
- You work hard, are passionate about building great products andare happy to tackle big challenges.
- You loveto teach and to learn from your coworkers.
- You are flexible and not afraid to deal with uncertainty.
And most importantly: You are focused on shipping features for our users and getting the job done.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package.
- Equity participation in the company.
- 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Regular team meet ups in different European cities (once Covid is done).
- Office in the heart of Zurich.
- A diverse and international team.