At Chimpy, we make people happy by making sure their smartphone never runs out of battery. Customers rent our solar-powered batteries at over 2000 locations in Europe, charge their phone on the go, and return them anywhere when they’re done.
Our vision is to make renewable energy & sharing resources much more convenient. Renting solar-powered batteries is a first step in this direction. Delivering an awesome user experience is a foundation of it.
We’re now looking for someone who believes in this vision, loves beautiful user experiences and wants to join us for this exciting adventure!
# What will you do at Chimpy?
- Apply your love for UI/UX & code to create cool products
We currently have two mobile apps, a bunch of small web apps and a lot of cool ideas in the backlog. There will be no end to stimulating challenges for someone with innate UX sense, technical ability and great taste.
- Tackle real and impactful problems
Our team is small, everybody gets to wear many hats. You’ll jump between design, product, marketing, code, architecture and quality. Your opinion will matter and boredom is not part of the deal.
- Continue your growth as a maker at a fast pace
The content of your job isn’t cast in concrete. We’ll fine-tune your role together, based not only on the company’s strategy but also your personal goals. No matter what skills you bring, you’ll get to flex a versatile set of muscles and will have the chance to level up.
- Join us at a huere geil time
We’ve been profitable since March 2017. We’ve started our international expansion this year from Switzerland to Germany, France and Austria. We’re taking part in more and more events & festivals. Growth has never been higher. And we’re creating a brand new front-end team in our office in Zürich, in which you’ll be the first member.
# Is this for you?
- You consider yourself a designer who can code or a front-end engineer who loves UX/UI
- You love beautiful, pixel-perfect interfaces
- You have a sharp intuition for how people use – or wish they could use – products
- You have already built real apps (web or mobile) that have been used by real users
- You like to take ownership of projects. You see your project as your baby
- You’re not afraid of working in a small team, get your hands dirty and pro-actively take responsibilities
- You feel confident working in a startup environment and with people that won’t judge you by the quality of your suit or your working hours, only by the value you bring to the table
# More details please…
- Our mobile apps are built with React Native / Redux, our web apps with React / Redux
- Our backend services are mostly in Rails and nodeJS
- Our DevOps consists of light tools (focus on the code, not the infrastructure!): GitHub, circleCI, Heroku, Expo
- We always prefer to work with design frameworks such as Material design in order not to reinvent the wheel. But it does not hurt if you know how to use paper & pen, Canva, Figma, Illustrator or Photoshop
- We work on a 80/20 basis: get the most impactful things done first, use the next iteration to improve
- We’re open to new technologies, tools, ideas, processes. Anything that helps us achieve our goals faster and / or bring any team member joy, is very welcome
- Our office is based in beautiful Zürich, Switzerland. We offer 6 weeks of vacations per year and a 100% transparent salary policy for everybody (founders included)
Reach us at email@example.com with a CV, Linkedin or GitHub profile and tell us why you want to join us.