Position Summary: We are looking for a Sales Engineer / Technical Account Manager to help us drive the overall sales process.
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in embedded systems, electronics or computer hardware
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field with technical sales experience
Functional Area: Sales / Business Development
Location: Northern Europe - Switzerland
Travel Requirement: Travel for exhibitions and customer visits (up to 25%)
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex ® is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer / Technical Account Manager covering Northern Europe (Northern-Germany, Netherlands, Denmark) to help us drive the overall sales process from identifying potential leads all the way to building lasting relations with customers by employing the full array of sales and account management tools to achieve sustainable, profitable growth in this specific region.
In this position, you will be the voice of our customers and collaborate with application engineers and development teams as well as our technology partners. Strong communication & technical skills are necessary to showcase the superior value of solutions designed with Toradex products. Occasional travel will be required.
Please note, that we only accept applicants with Swiss or EU/EFTA citizenship or applicants with an existing and valid residence and work permit for Switzerland.
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/view?code=TDX_CH_TSM_2018-09-13
Roles & Responsibilities
Desired Candidate Profile
- Systematically drive the overall sales process from identifying leads to the successful commissioning of projects and support services.
- Maintain long-term relations with customers and become their trusted, reliable partner and key interface to Toradex.
- Organize, manage and actively build a sustainable pipeline of new opportunities to support the growth of our business in Switzerland.
- Work closely with customers and our Field Applications Engineers to identify profitable sales potential and present solutions based on Toradex products and services.
- Visit customers on site and showcase the superior technical values of Toradex products, and occasionally provide pre-sales support together with Field Applications Engineers.
- Take the lead at exhibitions and conferences to promote Toradex products and interface with potential customers to drive new project acquisition.
- Track assigned opportunities, capture customer requirements and project progress. Perform periodical customer follow-ups where required.
- Travel for exhibitions and customer visits (up to 25%)
Desired Sales Skills
- Passionate about selling Toradex technology solutions into new customer products
- Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
- High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading/writing/speaking/presentations
Desired Technical Skills
Experience with Arm computer systems
Ability to provide technical product demonstrations
Basic software and hardware troubleshooting skills
Experience with requirements analysis & system-level design
Comprehension of computer hardware fundamentals and component datasheets
Familiarity with industrial interfaces such as I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/USB/SDIO/Ethernet/etc.
Experience with embedded operating systems such as Embedded Linux, Windows CE, or other RTOS
- Create product value and ability to highlight customer’s value (strong sales technique)
- Proven ability to work with customers at all levels from engineering to management and executive levels
- Illustrate the advantages of a product that will eliminate the prospects concern and help satisfy their requirements
- Understanding and identifying areas of potential risks in a project, such a missing or ambiguous requirements, and helping to minimize or eliminate such risks through pro-active communication and problem solving
- Ability to capture and systematically document customer requirements for review with application engineers and development teams
- Project management skills: ability to systematically and successfully plan, track and execute
- Exceptional planning, organization and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of common Sales and CRM tools