AlgoTrader GmbH is the developer of an Algorithmic Trading Solution called AlgoTrader.
AlgoTrader lets trading firms automate complex, quantitative trading strategies in forex, options, futures, stocks, ETFs and commodities markets. We also support automated trading of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. The system is based on a robust, high-availability, low-latency architecture using state-of-the-art open source technology like Java, Spring, Hibernate, Esper (CEP), QuickFix/J, ActiveMQ, HTML 5, React JS, Bootstrap & Docker.
The company also provides consulting services based on AlgoTrader. Typical clients are hedge funds, prop trading groups, family offices and retail traders trading quantitative trading strategies
These will be your tasks:
You will be part of the AlgoTrader core development team. As a Senior Java Developer, you complement the existing cross functional team. As the driving person, you are closely working together with the team and the head of development to define and implement future releases of AlgoTrader.
- Design and implementation of future releases of AlgoTrader including key infrastructure components such as low latency order management, execution algorithms, smart order routing, event handling, big data management, messaging and business services
- Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing of quantitative trading strategies based on client specific requirements
- Close collaboration with product management, development team, head of development and customers
- Following current industry trends and incorporating best practices into the solution.
You're offering these qualifications:
- MUST HAVE: Experience in the trading domain, preferably with quantitative trading strategies based on Stocks, Forex, Futures, Options and/or Cryptocurrencies
- Experience with algorithmic trading systems and low-latency trading
- Master's degree or higher in Mathematics, Engineering and/or Computer Science
- At least 5 years' hands-on professional experience in the Java enterprise environment
- Experience with agile and test driven development
- Experience in working in a distributed global environment
- MUST HAVE: Very good expertise in the Java 8 SE/EE
- Very good expertise in software patterns and architectural enterprise concepts
- Very good expertise in building multi-threaded & distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with Spring, Hibernate & FIX Protocol
- Good understanding of RDBMS and optionally Big Data
- Hands-on experience with Maven, Git, Jenkins & Nexus
- Very strong communication skills and fluent in English