The General Manager is a key strategic leader for us. This role is responsible for overall market leadership and growth in Rome, and a key piece of our success.
GMs are strategic, big-picture professionals accountable for their own P&L and team. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across functions (including partnerships, operations and local promotions). A successful GM will not only ensure operational excellence but will also be the finger on the local market pulse, identifying new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining partnerships. Most of all, the city GM is able to adapt to changing environments quickly and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty!
These will be your tasks:
- Oversee end-to-end local operation including marketing, recruiting, operations, business development, PR, policy, communications, and much more.
- Responsible for recruiting and growing local team.
- Responsible for local level business expansion.
- Planning, executing and meeting quarterly goals on key business metrics.
You're offering these qualifications:
- People first: You'll have a relentless focus on making the MobilityCo experience as good as it can possibly be for our staff members. This will include identifying areas for operational improvement as well as identifying new opportunities to reach potential candidates and to grow relationships with existing members.
- Business expertise: You will own your market P&L and will be responsible for financial optimization. We prefer that you will have had some prior P&L responsibility in a similar organization, but not required.
- Team building & management skills: You are responsible for overall team success, including finding key teammates, managing, and helping the team grow. You know how to bring out the best in people, and are always looking for great new team members. You create and nurture a team-first, growth-oriented organization.
- Partnership development: You'll develop and enrich our partnerships with local governments, businesses, and NGOs.
- Land and expand: Beyond just operating our existing network, you will be responsible for identifying and executing upon regional growth opportunities.
- Experienced: 3-5 years of demonstrated success in retail management / sales / general operations / technology, ideally in a startup or other fast-changing environment. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Must have a strong verbal and written command of the English language
We're offering these benefits:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated coworkers
- Competitive salary and benefits