At Battere we want to simplify clean energy. You are going to build the software platform.
Up for a software challenge?
Our mission is to simplify clean energy. Because we want clean energy to power everything. Also, we want to crack jokes during work, lots of them. So far, we were quite successful at both - jokes and clean energy. On average, our slack channels contain fresh memes every 27 minutes. And we made Switzerland the first country to be fully covered by a rental battery network, powered by solar power.
And in the future we'll add other countries and services to help users to conveniently and sustainably consume energy. To get there, we are looking for a talented software engineer who is inspired by our mission and shares our goal.
What you will build and work on:
- Think and design the overall software architecture with the CTO, design and launch new features
- Hack our existing web front-end services (built with React/Redux, nextJS)
- Hack our existing web back-end services (built with NodeJS/Express and Ruby on Rails)
- Hack our existing mobile apps for users and for partners (iOS & Android, built with React Native/Redux)
- Hack new services from scratch (open choice for technologies!)
What you absolutely need to bring
- A cumulated job experience of at least one year in web full-stack engineering (if you have less experience but absolutely want to work for us, have a look at the internship position.
- Love for service-based architecture and hate for the 'not invented here? syndrome
- You should share our preference for the 80/20 rule: Getting the job done simply and reliably over a perfectionist's solution that takes ages to be implemented.
- A good sense of humor, smartness.
- And you must bring the necessary amount of naivity to believe that we can have a positive impact on sustainability and change the world for the better.
It's a plus but not necessary
- Experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in DevOps
- Interest in building (micro-)services and using cloud computing
Awesome stuff you can do here at Battere
- High stakes: You are responsible for one of the backbones of Battere. As such, you make sure that tens of thousands of Batteres per month can be rented out and returned flawlessly
- Big challenges: Battere is still a young company but growing fast - you will be responsible for scaling up existing software and deal with all challenges and complexity involved and make sure that ideas become reality as we continue to grow
- Cool product: Contribute to a new kind of service business at the intersection of renewable energy, IoT and sharing economy.
- Hack your learning curve: grow at a fast pace, in the areas of your interest.
- Hang out with an awesome team: The members of our diverse team love what they do and (most of them) are also able to talk about other stuff than just job-related issues.
- We provide an awesome software development challenge in a startup that has already proven its business model. We are still a small team, so your contribution has a big impact. We offer you a great deal of freedom. You will work very closely with our CTO Sag, COO Edwin and CEO Andreas.
What is it like to work at Battere?
We do not have a PR department to produce a shiny recruiting video. So, here's the real deal: only unfiltered clips from our internal WhatsApp group chats. Still dare to work with us?
Still dare to work with us? get in touch.
Sag (CTO) or Andreas (CEO) will answer your questions usually within a day. We speak English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. Choose whatever language suits you best. If you apply, include your CV and tell us why you want to work with us.