Founded in 2015, Avrios makes mobility work for businesses by providing tailored transportation services for every employee in one single platform. With over 500 clients, including market leaders in sports goods, FMCG, pharma, consulting and machine manufacturing, we are one of the fastest growing startups in Zürich.
We call Zürich our home but, with a team of 55, featuring over 18 nationalities, we are a group of talented people from around the world. Fostering a truly open and progressive culture, combined with state-of-the-art engineering and creative approaches to marketing and sales — working at Avrios is a powerful mix of purpose, challenge and most of all fun. Sounds interesting? Keep reading!
Business Development at Avrios
Our Business Development team is responsible for growing Avrios by engaging new customers and helping them shape their mobility strategy. Being part of this team provides a uniquely steep learning curve, a lot of autonomy and the chance to have an impact on a startup that is redefining how companies organise their mobility.
This job will truly help you master the skills needed to successfully start your own business.
A day in the life of:
- Work closely together with Marketing to find potential customers through e.g. content marketing, email campaigns and SEM optimization
- Engage with customers and analyse their needs to understand how mobility drives their business
- Help our customers improve their mobility strategy using the latest technology
- Work together with Customer Success to make sure every customer is properly onboarded and can successfully implement their strategy
- Spearhead market research and develop strategies and launch plans for new markets
Start the day with a coffee and stand-up meeting, discussing daily and weekly goals with my team. It's always good to verbalise the plan for the day. The first call of the day is imminent. A potential customer is having issues with their current mobility strategy. You analyse their pains and formulate a new strategy for them to turn their fleet into a driver of business instead of just a cost. Our software can definitely play a big part in the solution you have in mind. You schedule a follow-up call to present your solution to them and all the related stakeholders. The phone rings, it’s Mrs X., she tells you the board has discussed your business case, they love the solution you proposed and enthusiastically sign the offer. You update Salesforce and receive emoji love from the whole team!
Due to the diversity of tasks, the continuously changing environment and ambitious goals, working in the Business Development team requires a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
The ideal candidate for this job is:
- Eager to continuously improve their skills and prefers “learning by doing”
- Extremely driven to succeed and comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and ownership
- Interested in and knowledgeable of software and technology
- An excellent communicator that easily connects with others
- An empathetic team player with a positive working attitude
What we offer
- University graduate of Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or a related subject
- Experience in business development, consulting or as an entrepreneur
- Native level German, Spanish, French, Italian or English, written and spoken
- Business level English, written and spoken
- The freedom to have an impact on a fast-growing international startup
- A unique and structured training program including many workshops and on-the-job mentoring
- An incredibly dedicated, intelligent and experienced team
- A great culture that promotes open feedback and a flat hierarchy
- Centrally located offices in the heart of beautiful Zurich