Inselspital in Bern area
IT / Internet
other, Full time
We are a group based at the University of Bern, Inselspital developing software that helps to store, retrieve, extract and learn relevant knowledge from digital information sources (published papers in PDF, online videos, etc.).
We are looking for a brilliant mind to help us to develop core concepts and marketing. You will have the unique opportunity to establish yourself as one of the leaders of this group. First, you will join the team in a fully paid research position and in 2–3 years be part of the start-up, which may involve both risks and opportunities.
Desired profile & skills
You have completed one of the following university degrees at a bachelor’s or master’s level: psychology, medicine, economics, or social sciences. You need to have a genuine interest in how learners can better learn, retain, test and manage their personal knowledge in the digital world and the age of information overload. You are interested in ways of reducing and prioritizing information, and rewarding the user. You have social intelligence and leadership skills/mind-set. Depending on your profile and academic background, you may have the opportunity to complete a PhD degree, if interested.
As the desired profile results from the demand to
1) develop concepts on how individuals can learn faster and more efficiently,
2) develop concepts on information reduction and prioritization
3) how users can develop a close relationship with the software as their knowledge gateway and
4) provide convincing marketing concepts,
one or more of the following skills and fields of experience will be especially helpful:
- learning methods, personal learning environment theories, learning psychology, gaming and scoring concepts,
- previous employment in a company developing one of the reference managing software packages, or substantial knowledge of one of these programs (Endnote, Readcube, Papers, Sente, Mendeley, Citavi),
- marketing of software or app in the field of learning
You task will be to develop concepts on the tools and environment that need to be available for an individual learner – starting with doctors – who needs to manage a vast amount of knowledge during his/her education and professional career. You will be investigating scientifically or collaborating with a postdoctoral fellow on the current concepts of personal CME knowledge management and the unique selling points of our software. Moreover, you will develop marketing concepts that use scientific data and arguments for more effective learning and personal knowledge management.
- inspiration, creativity and exploring new fields
- continuous education and development
- the idea behind our software and the need to constantly improve it
- high quality, scalability and sustainability of the speed of development
- clear and efficient communication and team spirit
- flexibility and adaptability, because, in this early developmental stage, you will be faced with evolving and changing concepts.