OTO Systems Inc. is the latest spin-off company of SRI International, the Silicon Valley’s most prestigious research centre with 70 years of pioneering innovation and a track record of successful spin-off ventures including Siri (now Apple), Nuance Communications, Tempo AI (now Salesforce), or Redwood Robotics (now Google). OTO is a VC-backed startup coming out of stealth mode, with headquarters in Menlo Park (CA) and R&D offices in Zurich (CH).
OTO.ai increases sales teams performance by capturing and distributing live conversational intelligence, emotional detection and best practices from sales interactions thanks to cutting-edge artificial intelligence techniques.
We are looking for a pragmatic, versatile AI engineer to join the Zurich R&D office and help build the next generation of AI coaches for sales and support agents.
As our first AI engineer, you will:
- Work alongside our CTO in OTO’s newly established Zurich office to build our AI stack
- Write production-grade code to interface with our VoIP stack and automate the processing of our data and training of our models
- Build and deploy machine learning pipelines for real-time speech transcription and analysis
- Help extract insights from the large amount of audio data we collect every day
- Collaborate with world-class speech experts to model the dynamics of human persuasion
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or another computational discipline
- A passion for pragmatic solutions and quickly delivering results from data
- Experience in building and validating real-world machine learning products
- Several years of experience working on production software in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and document stores
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- PhD degree in a computational discipline
- Expertise in NLP and speech recognition, in particular with deep learning techniques
- Proficiency in other languages such as C++, Scala, Julia, or R
- Knowledge in the administration of cloud-based UNIX systems
- Knowledge of “big data” frameworks
- Experience in rich data visualisation and front-end development
- Fast-paced, stimulating working environment with office space in the heart of Zurich
- Virtually limitless career growth opportunities
- Industry-leading salary
- Attractive equity package
- Office dog!
Switzerland has been ranked the world’s most innovative country 7 times in a row. Zurich offers an incredible quality of life and a stimulating intellectual environment through the presence of world-leading research institutions and tech firms.
Join OTO and embark on a journey to help shape the future of AI assistants. Email your CV, a cover letter, and a sample of your code (e.g. a link to your GitHub/Kaggle profile) to email@example.com