Finero, a fintech startup, is looking for a new CPO to lead its innovative team and digital platform development. Our mission is to simplify everyone’s personal finance management by aggregating their financial information in a safe place, independently of their banking and insurance relationship. We are an early stage startup with lofty goals and big plans for 2017 and beyond.
The Chief Product Officers role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s product mission through development and deployment of the company’s web platform. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web-based business, leading the product team in the implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the executive team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, regulator, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Direct development and execution of an company-wide information security and disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment
- Responsible for the infrastructure and the company’s internal communication systems
- Overall responsibility for the company’s software revision and deployment processes as well as for the data privacy and security.
- Lead and collaborate with the diverse product team, customers and partners to develop use cases and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s services as a web application.
- Review current best practices for the ed web framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement the application.
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all product team staff.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
Requirements & Qualification
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5-8 years of experience managing web application development.
- Familiarity with information security, privacy and operational risk management requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.